PDA

View Full Version : Waffen SS Officer's visor cap

Anders S
29th August 2009, 14:21
Hi,

I assume most of you have seen this cap in other forums, however, if someone have missed it, here is a photo of it.
I hope you like it as much as I do.:thumbup1:

Felix
30th August 2009, 10:17
Anders, that is a really nice officers cap you got there!:thumbup:

Congratulations! With a bit of luck when purchasing it from a dealer with a lot of trash, you made it! :)

I would be happy if you post more photos of the cap:D

Cheers,
Felix

Anders S
2nd September 2009, 15:56
Anders, that is a really nice officers cap you got there!:thumbup:

Congratulations! With a bit of luck when purchasing it from a dealer with a lot of trash, you made it! :)

I would be happy if you post more photos of the cap:D

Cheers,
Felix

Hi Felix,

Thank you.
Yes I was gambling, took a (great) risk, but I won.
Here are a few more photos, taken before I steamed the 1 cm misshaped part of the top piping back into shape.

S.Vestae
12th September 2009, 08:27
Yes, this is a incredible cap ! :w00t:

Bob Wirtz
10th October 2009, 01:51
Here is my friend's Waffen-SS Officer Service Cap made by Berolina.

Bob

Fontane
10th October 2009, 02:26
Berolina was one catergory of the Fa. G.A. Hoffman, Berlin.

Anders S
10th October 2009, 20:00
Here is my friend's Waffen-SS Officer Service Cap made by Berolina.

Bob

Very nice Bob.:thumbup1:

Bob Wirtz
16th October 2009, 23:33
Here are some original branch piped Waffen-SS officer service caps: (1) Clements-Wagner manufactured engineer, (2) Gericht (lawyer), named to an officer in the SS-Hauptamt, and (3) medical officer named to man in the 4. SS-Polizei-Division. It originally came without insignia and if you look carefully it originally had police insignia on it. The SS general's service cap is tailor made in Vienna by an RZM-approved tailor.

Bob

Fontane
21st October 2009, 03:05
Me too.

Fontane
21st October 2009, 12:51
auch eine

Fontane
21st October 2009, 12:54
what may be an SSVT or other early cap. It has the runes and stampings inside and was bought at a well known Nuremberg brauner Laden. We are also proud of our young Swedish friend's success with regalia at a sane price.

Rob Johnson
22nd October 2009, 11:38
Anders,

Beautiful W-SS Officer's cap :001_tt1: I've been wanting one of these for quite some time now, but high prices keep me from realizing my dream. Just curious - what's the story behind this one??? I haven't seen it discussed before. I take it you got this little beauty for a good deal, eh? Congrats!

Bob,

Absolutely STUNNING lineup of color piped SS visors!!! And that General's visor... My lord!!! Amazing. What I like about the first three is that they are colors you don't often see... More often than not, when you do actually find a original it seems to be either pink (Panzer), red (Artillery) or yellow (Aufklärungs). I really like that black Pioniere piping! My complements to Mr.Schumacher :thumbup1:

Rob

Bob Wirtz
23rd October 2009, 00:20
Rob,

I'll pass along the complement to Willi. Here's another one that you don't often see... the Old Style cap with the cloth visor.

Bob

Anders S
23rd October 2009, 17:44
Anders,

Beautiful W-SS Officer's cap :001_tt1: I've been wanting one of these for quite some time now, but high prices keep me from realizing my dream. Just curious - what's the story behind this one??? I haven't seen it discussed before. I take it you got this little beauty for a good deal, eh? Congrats!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Well, the hat turned up on the net on a weird NJ militaria dealer's site who had (has) a lot of cr*p. Among the cr*p was this hat, sold as a "nazi police visor". He said that it came directly from the vet, among with another (real) police visor.

The photos were bad but I was almost certain that it was what I believed it was - an original W-SS Officer's cap. A very knowledgable collector tried to buy the hat before me, but gave up. The seller was, as I said "weird".

I know that others saw the photos but didn't dare to take the risk of getting burned.

Anyway, I asked some other knowledgable collectors about their opinion, I took the risk, paid $575 USD for the hat and ended up with this beauty.:)
(I paid a lot more for the insignia which I have added.)

So, bargains are still out there.

Best,
Anders

Felix
23rd October 2009, 19:30
Nice bargain Anders!

It was worth the risk at that price.:thumbup1:
Not sure I recommend others to follow your example, but it is also true that fortune favours the brave. At least sometimes:D
I have got a few nice bargains myself, but also a ended up with "Junk". Not as good bargain as your visor though ;)

Cheers,
Felix

P.s. Anders, I hope we can have a get together around Christmas time, have a whiskey, good talk and look at your visor.

S.Vestae
5th November 2009, 17:30
Agree with Dracula, nice price ! :thumbup: